After I got the plastic in place I started placing small Facsia boards on it to help retain the plastic.
Donna decided that I should feature in at least one picture out of the 3 she snapped of me. I thought this one was best. These little boards will help retain the plastic as the plastic would probably tear in a wind with just the staples.
I managed to put the plastic on in one sheet to take in both the end and the small front panel. Note the colour of the door to the right 😉
Nothing really to say about this one.
Well that’s it done, I still need to do some shelving inside and run the hose pipe along the roof (it’s actually electric cable inside it). I’m going to pop along to B&Q tomorrow as they have 8′ deck boards on sale at £2.98 each to make the shelving. I have already put some supports in for the main shelf on the back wall its going to be 18″ deep then there should be room for 3 more at 12″ deep on the back wall above that. I think 9 boards will do the trick.
Anyway all I have really shown you over the past few days is where I have been working on the greenhouse so I popped upstairs so I could get a wider angle on my happy snapper camera.
Quick walk through of what you’re seeing. On the right of the door where the apex roof is, that’s my main working area. It has my lathe, bandsaw and all my other tools. To the left in the pent roofed side I use mainly as a dry store for wood. I hope later in the year to get the kids involved so will clear a space for them to make handmade paper using my fine sawdust. I’m trying to reduce my carbon footprint as much as possible so this will help and will give the kids a little income if they sell their paper.
Well that’s the greenhouse story done for now, I’m pretty sure once I get things growing I will have more to blog about.
I hope you enjoyed this little trip over the past few days.
Just while I am Blogging If you are interested in all things handmade why not pop along to visit wendy @1stuniquegifts and have a read at the handmade Monday bloggers.